*READ INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING. OTR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT INSTALLATION OR LOCAL LAWS REGARDING AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES. THE USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LIABILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTALLATION AND USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
ALWAYS UTILIZE PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT WHEN YOU ARE WORKING IN THE SHOP.
DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
*These instructions serve as a guide, the installer and user will assume all responsibility for the installation of these suspension components.
*Factory hardware will be reused, take care not to damage it.
*Please read complete instructions before installation.
- Lift the vehicle up with a floor jack so that the front tires are up off of the ground. Safely support the front axle and frame with jack stands keeping the front tires from touching the ground.
- Remove the front wheels and tires.
- Remove the shocks.
- Remove the sway bar connection at the sway bar end (not the mounting plate end.)
- Remove U bolts, along with the factory spring mounting plate.
- Remove the front spring to shackle mounting bolt.
- Remove the rear spring mounting bolt (be careful of the grease fitting)
- The factory spring is now removed. (You will reuse this factory spring mounting hardware.)
- Locate new springs. The full wrapped end of the spring pack goes towards the rear of the vehicle.
- Begin by mounting the front of the leaf spring pack into the front shackles. (Use factory hardware and snug.)
- Now mount the rear of the spring pack into the rear spring mount with the factory bolt with the grease fitting. You may need to use a rubber mallet in order to get the leaf spring pack up into the rear spring mount. Clearance will be tight as intended. If needed you may file the steel bushing just enough to make a tight fit into the rear spring mount.
(Make sure that the hex of the bolt lines up with the ledge on the inner mounting ear.) (Snug the nut, then with the weight of the vehicle applied, torque to 94 ft. lbs.)
- Line the spring plate up with the springs and remount using the factory U bolts. (Snug U bolts, then with the weight of the vehicle applied, torque to 58 ft. lbs.)
- Locate the included brake line components.
- Remove the factory brake lines and replace them with the supplied fittings and coated/braided brake lines, as pictured below in this order.
- Install the supplied brake line onto the Banjo Fitting.
- Install the brass fitting between the frame and the tab.
- Install IF-AN Fitting
- Install new OTR braided brake line
- Install Banjo Fittings with Copper Washers on both sides.
- Refill and bleed the air from the brake system
- Install the new extended shocks.
- Hook the sway bar ends back up.
- Check that all fasteners are correctly installed.
- Reinstall the front tires and remove vehicle from jack stands.
- Go back, and torque all fasteners required.
*Please retorque or check bolts and nuts at 100 miles, 500 miles, and then 1500 miles.