*READ INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING. OTR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT INSTALLATION OR LOCAL LAWS REGARDING AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES. THE USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LIABILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTALLATION AND USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
ALWAYS UTILIZE PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT WHEN YOU ARE WORKING IN THE SHOP.
DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
- Remove the factory tail lights. Be careful when unplugging the connector as this will be reused.
- Cut the factory plug off of the factory light. Leave yourself approximately 4” of wire on the connector as shown below.
OE Taillight Plug
Max-Bilt Tail Light Wire Color
- Any unused wires on the factory harness can be capped off or removed from the plug.
- Strip Approximately ¼” of insulation off the ends of the wires on both harnesses.
- Slide heat shrink onto one end of the wires.
- Using butt connectors crimp and connect wires together.
- Solder connections, and slide heat shrink over connections. Shrink connections. Refer to the picture below.
- Wrap wires back up with wire loom or electrical tape.
- Test light functions before fully installing your lights.
- Mount and install tail lights onto the OTR Rear Quarter Panel Armor.